Characteristics Of The Structure
- Light, and with high inertia
- Reduced weight on the foundations
- Saving in concrete and iron strengthening
- Reduced building time
- Variable thickness, minimum 25cm
- Slabs in reinforced concrete without beams for wide spans
- Soffit slabs ready to smooth
- Rafts with only limited chance of deformation
- High fire-resistance
Advantages Of Using U-BOOT
We are incorrectly led to estimate the advantage of a slab lightened with U-Boot Beton® limiting it to a mere comparison between savings in concrete and the cost of the formwork on the level of the slabs only. In this way however, as the analysis is immediate and intuitive, it does not account for the various economic, practical and operational advantages provided with U-Boot Beton® for the entire structure: less use of iron in the slabs, pillars and foundation up to a total of 15% (also in the case of variants); less concrete is used not only for the slabs but also for the columns and foundations; there are antiseismic advantages connected to reduced building weight; slimmer pillars and foundations, lower costs related to excavation for foundations; the arrangement, also irregularly if needed, of the pillars to reflect the architectural freedom of the structure. Reduction of work and overhead transfer of the formworks; advantages in on-site logistics.
- INCREASED NUMBER OF FLOORS Possibility to gain floors at the same building height (towers) and building volume.
- LARGE SPAN AND GREAT ARCHITECTURAL FREEDOM Larger spaces.
- REDUCED SLAB THICKNESS Thinner slabs but with equal loads and clearances, or bigger clearances with an equal thickness.
- NO BEAMS BETWEEN PILLARS Flat soffit for greater flexibility when installing systems.
- REDUCTION IN THE NUMBER OF PILLARS Facilitated use reallocation.
- OPTIMISATION OF THE SECTION OF PILLARS Wider bays.
- REDUCTION IN THE OVERALL LOAD OF THE STRUCTURE WEIGHING ON THE PILLARS AND THE FOUNDATION
- REDUCED FOUNDATIONS Less excavation.
- LESS DEEP FOUNDATION EXCAVATION Lower costs for foundation excavations.
- IMPROVED ACOUSTIC BEHAVIOUR Less acoustic transmittance.
Laying The U-BOOT Modules
1. The entire surface of the slab to be cast on site is shuttered with wood deckings (or similar systems), then the lower reinforconcrete bars are positioned in two mutually perpendicular directions according to the design and the lattice for the upper reinforconcrete is arranged.
2. The U-Boot Beton® formworks are positioned using the lateral spacers joints to place them at the desired centre distance that will determine the beam width. Thanks to the conic elevator foot, theU-Boot Beton®formworks will be lifted from the surface, making it possible for the lower slab to be formed. If double or triple elements are used, these elements must first be assembled, which will be supplied on distinct pallets in the yard.
3. The positioning of the reinforconcretes is completed by placing above the U-Boot Beton® formwork the upper bars in the two directions as well as the reinforcement for shear and punching where necessary, according to the design.
4. The concrete casting must be performed in two phases to prevent the floatation of the formworks: an initial layer will be cast to fill a thickness equal to the height of the elevator foot. Casting will continue for this first portion of the slab until the concrete starts to set and become semi fluid.
5. Once suitably set, the casting can be restarted from the starting point, completely burying the U-Boot Beton®. The casting is then levelled and smoothed in a traditional manner.
6. Once the structure has hardened, the formwork can be removed. The surface is smooth in correspondence of the soffit.