The IGLU` range of modules can be used in various locations such as:
- In civil, public or industrial buildings (under-floor cavities, raised flooring and ventilated roofs)
- Urban infrastructure buildings (public squares, pavements, pedestrianised areas)
- In silos or industrial storage areas (under the flooring of areas for drying agricultural products or under cold rooms)
- In environmental structures (water purification plants, sewage work, water collection tanks)
The IGLU` system offers more advantages than the traditional concrete slab. Such advantages are:
- Reduction of manpower requirements by up to 80%
- Reduced concrete requirement with equal strength compared to traditional methods
- No need for filling with extraneous material
- Ease of positioning thanks to the lightness and simple linking system
- High load-bearing capacity, with a minimum breaking load of 150 kilos concentrated on an imprint of 8X8 centimetres
- Suitable for non-standard spaces, since the modules can be easily cut to size
- Pipes and tubing can be laid in any direction
- Creation of a barrier against humidity
- External dispersal of dampness and gases released by the earth
- Suitable for use with all types of bedding - earth, gravel, cement, etc.
These images show the concentration of condensate which actually accumulates under our floors, these are the capturing images of the high levels of rising damp at ground floor level in Malta. By natural ventilation the Iglu` system succeeds to evaporate all this humidity.
The exact shape of the IGLU' modules has been carefully studied to give maximum ventilation and offer the minimum of air resistance within the structure created, as long as the cavity is adequately connected with tubes to the outside of the building. The incoming air should flow from ground level on the north-facing side, with the exit tubes for out-going air on the south-facing side (or alternatively west to east), to ensure that the humidity is eliminated and radioactive gases (like radon) are dispersed outside the building.